29 April 2009
The signing of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA) in January 2005 opened the door for SIM to re-initiate ministries in Southern Sudan after a 20+ absence form the area. In consultation with the Sudan Interior Church (SIC), 5 locations were chosen in the Upper Nile region and needs assessment surveys were done in each place. The spiritual needs of a scattered church were great ... as were the physical needs of the people living in a land destroyed by war.
Starting with basic education programs in 2006, the program has slowly expanded to include health ministries, clean drinking water projects, a secondary school, and HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention. A parallel development has been the fostering of partnerships with church from the majority world to deploy their missionaries in South Sudan.
Please Pray for:
- The manpower and funding needed to continue one year of teacher training with a selected number of BELC graduates interested in becoming elementary school teachers.
- The construction of the permanent buildings for the Doro Primary Health Care Center. Obtaining the raw materials such as sand, gravel, cement, and water is a challenge.
- The survey that was conducted in April with a hydro-geologist to determine good sites for drilling boreholes—for the Lord to guide us to communities that are also receptive to the Gospel.
- The addition of a project manage/facilities developer for the secondary school project—so that the current project manager may be able to give needed attention to the development of the academic program for the school.
- The Lord of the harvest to send more laborers from the majority world countries and that He will guide us in how to create “win-win” partnerships with the churches in these countries.
- The peace to continue and for the Sudan national elections to be held in an orderly and peaceful manner.
Learn more about Sudan